From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo]cleaning and other stuff
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:05:01
Hi all,

sage-4.8 is shaping nicely. Unfortunately upstream will still use python-2.6 for
this release so we have a massive patch until sage-5.0 which should come after.
We have a lot of version of sage in the overlay at the moment I am thinking of
cleaning things up after 4.8 and keep only sage-4.8 in our "unmasked" channel.
I think we should do the same after 5.0 - that will flush a massive amount of
patches at that point.

I also plan to include
and move mpfi out of the overlay to rely on the main tree (provided it got
propagated to prefix).

If you want to keep an older version of sage, I think it is time for you to make
your point.

In this new year I also welcome suggestions and comments on things people think
should be improved or that we should do. Actually we always do, that's just a