From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Sage, ecls, maxima
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 06:02:43
1 On Thu, 11 Oct 2012, Steven Trogdon wrote:
2 > But now I'm unable to rebuild maxima-5.26.0, even with ecls-12.7.1 installed.
3 > The build just hangs with
7 > "/var/tmp/portage/sci-mathematics/maxima-5.26.0/work/maxima-5.26.0/src/binary-ecl/init-cl.fas" ;
8 > - Providing system maxima
9 This is because sbcl, gentoo-init, asdf, asdf-binary-locations in the main
10 tree are inconsistent (versions which really work can be installed from
11 the lisp overlay). The set of developers in the common-lisp herd is nearly
12 empty, and the situation will not improve. A workaround for this problem
13 has been introduced in recent maxima ebuilds in the main tree (I think, a
14 couple of latest versions). They are known to build with any lisp present
15 in Gentoo.
16
17 Andrey