From: "Matías Graña" <matiasg@××××××.ar>
Subject: [gentoo-science] gnuplot + python
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:08:01
1 Hi; I'm doing some easy 3D plotting these days and I've come to this
2 situation. I just need to plot a few dots in 3D-space. I've been using
3 gnuplot for this, as it allows to rotate the picture with the mouse,
4 giving a good impression of where the dots actually are.
5 So far so good, but now I want it to interact with the python code I use
6 to compute the position of the dots. There's gnuplot-py for this, but it
7 seems to have the problem that once it launches a window, gnuplot does
8 not listen to mouse clickings on it. So I can tell my python program to
9 draw the dots, but then I can't rotate them as I could within a gnuplot
10 session.
11
12 So, I'm looking to either
13 a) a way to have an interaction between gnuplot and python, or
14 b) another program/library that can be launched from python and able to
15 plot 3D dots and rotate them with the mouse.
16
17 Any insight or advice is welcome.
18
19 Thanks,