From: Markus Dittrich <markusle@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-visualization/paraview and netcdf files.
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:00:06
1 Bryan Green <bryan.d.green@××××.gov> writes:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for insight into loading netcdf files into paraview.
5 > the sci-libs/netcdf library is a dependency of paraview, but
6 > nevertheless, there does not seem to be a CDF reader available
7 > from within paraview. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to
8 > make one appear?
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 > -bryan
12
13 Hi Bryan,
14
15 I don't use paraview very much myself so please take
16 the following with a grain of salt ;)
17
18 As far as I know, paraview does not provide any
19 GUI functionality to import/export netcdf files despite
20 the fact that VTK's netcdf wrappers are being built
21 (this is why we need netcdf as a dependency).
22 However, have a look at
23 http://www.cscs.ch/a-display.php?id=1168
24 which offers a plugin for paraview (claiming)
25 to do just that. I have never tried it hence I
26 can't comment on how good the plugin is.
27
28 Best,
29 Markus
37 Markus Dittrich (markusle)