From: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Git push problems
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:34:56
1 Thanks for the recipe!
4 On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM, justin <jlec@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > Hi,
7 >
8 > after talking to our infra guys and alexxy about it, I came to the point
9 > that we should still allow commits to both repos for everyone with
10 > commit access.
11 >
12 > To avoid future trouble here are some rules to stick to.
13 >
14 > * Don't _amend_ already pushed commits.
15 > * Don't _rebase_ already pushed commits.
16 > * Don't --force a push.
17 >
18 > In case you still have problems, then follow this receipt from alexxy.
19 > He will write some longer instructions soonish in the wiki.
20 >
21 > $ git fetch --all (assume that you added github as another upstream.
22 > origin is g.o.g.o and github is github)
23 > $ git merge github/master
24 > $ git push origin
25 > that will merge github to g.o.g.o
26 > now we should merge g.o.g.o back to github
27 > $ git checkout -b github github/master
28 > $ git merge origin/master
29 > $ git push github HEAD:master
30 > $ git checkout master
31 >