From: Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage-scripts' dependencies
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 19:27:15
1 Hi,
2
3 On Monday 05 July 2010 19:00:15 Steven Trogdon wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I encountered the following when making a fresh install of sage (~136
7 > packages) within a 32bit chroot. Emerge of sage terminated because of the
8 > following line
9 >
10 > dosym $(which gp) "${SAGE_LOCAL}"/bin/sage_pari || die
11 >
12 > in the sage-scripts ebuild. In emerging sage, sage-scripts gets pulled in
13 > before pari and thus the failure. I suppose it would be awkward to have
14 > sage-scripts depend on pari when only a symlink is created? This can be
15 > replicated if one has a working sage by removing pari and sage-scripts and
16 > either updating world or re-emerging sage-core. Here, sage-scripts gets
17 > pulled in before pari and the update/emerge fails.
18
19 Thats defintely a bug - I am currently testing if the link is actually needed.
22 > Steve
23
24 Christopher