From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:16:17
Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
> Just to confirm that I have added the new category and moved all the > applications that were in my list. Please let me know if there are any that I > have missed. Also let me know if you spot any issues with the move that I > might have missed. I went with the longer name as that was the prevailing > opinion (still preferred the short name myself). > > The category is intended for visualisation applications, so please don't move > any libraries such as plplot etc into there. I know there are also some very > hazy applications such as gmt which is now very generic and used by many more > people than just geo-sci folks. So I welcome discussion on anything else you > might feel should be moved. It is good having them out of media-gfx though :)
Now the question is, can we put less general-purpose visualization programs there? For example, molecular graphics programs. Thanks, Donnie

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis Markus Dittrich <markusle@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>