From: Auke Booij <auke@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o, gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] G-CRAN weekly report #9
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 17:37:46
1 It works, my job here is done.
2 Oh, except for:
3 -documentation (this is one i basically *need* to do)
4 -outputting real, physical instead of the symlinks i'm doing right now
5 -generate ebuild cache
6 -test loads and loads and loads of packages (help wanted)
7
8 Again, quickly a guide to use my project:
9 -Install layman from the kuroo overlay and g-cran from the science overlay
10 -Save the attached repositories.xml to /var/lib or whatever
11 -Add file:///var/lib/repositories.xml to "overlays" in /etc/layman/layman.cfg
12 -layman -a CRAN (or the two bioconductor repositories, which are in
13 repositories.xml as well)
14 -emerge -av dev-R/zoo (just one of the many packages in CRAN)
15
16 I spent some time helping wiktor prepare g-pear for g-common too, so
17 keep track of his work if you're interested in PEAR.
18
19 Have fun!

repositories.xml text/xml