From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] sage-scripts' dependencies
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:03:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I encountered the following when making a fresh install of sage (~136
4 packages) within a 32bit chroot. Emerge of sage terminated because of the
5 following line
6
7 dosym $(which gp) "${SAGE_LOCAL}"/bin/sage_pari || die
8
9 in the sage-scripts ebuild. In emerging sage, sage-scripts gets pulled in
10 before pari and thus the failure. I suppose it would be awkward to have
11 sage-scripts depend on pari when only a symlink is created? This can be
12 replicated if one has a working sage by removing pari and sage-scripts and
13 either updating world or re-emerging sage-core. Here, sage-scripts gets
14 pulled in before pari and the update/emerge fails.
15
16 Steve