From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] sage-scripts' dependencies
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:03:06
Hi,

I encountered the following when making a fresh install of sage (~136
packages) within a 32bit chroot. Emerge of sage terminated because of the
following line

	dosym $(which gp) "${SAGE_LOCAL}"/bin/sage_pari || die

in the sage-scripts ebuild. In emerging sage, sage-scripts gets pulled in
before pari and thus the failure. I suppose it would be awkward to have
sage-scripts depend on pari when only a symlink is created? This can be
replicated if one has a working sage by removing pari and sage-scripts and
either updating world  or re-emerging sage-core. Here, sage-scripts gets
pulled in before pari and the update/emerge fails.

Steve