From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo]system singular is ready for use
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:58:22
Hi all,

Christopher has now removed the mask on the latest versions
of the sage and sage-core ebuilds. These two ditch sage-singular
in favour of a system wide singular. The segfault I mentioned
earlier originated on sage's side as it tried to dlopen libsingular
with an absolute path that lead in the wrong place.

The last few touches are singular side, libsingular's headers call
to some headers that are now shipped by the factory ebuild, so
I added a dependency in singular. Lastly, sage uses singular's
uncompressed info file for its help system so I added a use flag
to install it.
A better solution would probably to use the compressed info file.
If anyone has a clue on how to properly open a compressed file
from python we could use that.

The last thing that needs to live in /opt/sage is the wiki.
It is not really all that useful so we will ditch it. If you were
using it you better speak now so we can make a contingency plan.

Our plan is to put all of sage under /usr as soon as possible,
/opt/sage is to go away - watch this space!

The last minor annoyance is jmol.  There are a number of things
that I want to do/test with jmol but thats a matter for another
message.

To enjoy sage with system singular don't forget to re-emerge
singular with the "sage" and "libsingular" flags. Then sage-core
sage-scripts and sage can be updated.

Cheers,
Francois