From: Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] Sage-4.5.3 segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:43:58
1 Hi,
2
3 On Friday 26 November 2010 12:32:35 Jari_42 wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Just to report that I can reproduce this exact error on my amd64 gentoo
7 > install with Sage-4.6-r1 and python-2.6.6-r1.
8
9 Thanks for reporting! So it looks like this is not problem specific to just one
10 computer - if there is anybody else who has the same problem, please write a
11 mail to me (you do not need to mail to the list) and attach a file with the
12 emerge --info output. I would also like to have emerge --info from Jari -
13 hopefully I can find a difference to my system.
14
15 Unfortunately, I can not reproduce this error on amd64. This weekend I
16 upgraded Sage in a prefixed environment to 4.6 but that went fine. After
17 upgrading gcc to 4.5.1 I recompiled my entire prefix (emerge -e @world), but I
18 still can not reproduce it.
19
20 For the time being, I can only recommend these general instructions:
21
22 1. make sure everything is up-to-date
23 2. make sure revdep-rebuild reports no package
24
25 If you have spare cpu time you may recompile world (this sounds really crazy,
26 but I am running out of options ;) ) or at least Sage and it dependencies:
27
28 emerge -C sage
29 emerge --depclean -a
30 emerge sage
31
32 This would make sure you do not have unintential old packages installed (this
33 may have happened if I had done major changes to ebuilds without upgrading
34 their revision number - this "should" not be the case, of course).
35
36 Christopher
39 > Thanks,
40 > Jari