From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: sci@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Sci packages - STABLEREQ and arch tester
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:47:16
1 Dear gentoo sci community,
2
3 One problem with our sci packges is the slow stabilization of them.
4 That's why I ask you for your help.
5 What we need are two kind off things:
6
7 First off all people who file stabilizing requests for sci packages in
8 https://bugs.gentoo.org so that we recognizing what works good in daily
9 use. All you need to do for this, is simply, if your are using packages
10 which are ~arch and they are behaving fine, just hop over to bugzilla
11 and file a stabilizing bug, noting what your experiences with these
12 packages are. The rest will be done by the bug wrangling team and the
13 corresponding developer.
14
15 Second needs are arch tester. To assist the teams who stabilize our
16 package you can build and use the packages in question following their
17 guidelines [1,2] and report your experience. Especially users on rare
18 arches starting with ppc & ppc64, but also all others are _very_ welcome.
19
20 Thanks for your help, justin
23 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/x86/arch-testers-faq.xml
24 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/at/