From: Johan Andersson <johan@×××××.net>
To: Johan Andersson <johan@×××××.net>
Cc: Joel Osburn <tjeckleberg@××××.com>, gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Do I need to rebuild things after upgrading ssl?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:03:15
1 Johan Andersson wrote:
2 > Joel Osburn wrote:
3 >
4 >> Quoting Johan Andersson:
5 >>
6 >>> A list of libraries used staticly in a package could be generated by
7 >>> hooking gcc, ld etc. when compiling the package. That way ebuild
8 >>> could watch for --static flags and record any library used static.
12 >> So this would essentially become a part of portage?
15 >> -Joel Osburn
18 > Just an idea, but yes. I will test this. If it works I can post it here.
19 >
20 > /Johan Andersson
23 Here is an example of what I mean.
24
25 Put the files gcc, cc and ld in the directory /usr/lib/portage/bin
26 patch /usr/lib/portage/ebuild.sh with ebuild.sh.patch
27 patch /usr/bin/qpkg with qpkg.patch
28
29 All packages compiled after this will be monitored for use of static
30 libraries. (This means you will need to do emerge -e world before the
31 following will work :-( )
32
33 To get a list of packages linked staticly with openssl, do:
34 qpkg -I --query-static-deps openssl
35
36 Remember, this was done in 2 hours, so don't rely on it to work...
37
38 /Johan Andersson

sdepend.tar.bz2 application/x-bzip