From: Frank Gruellich <frank@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:01:11
1 * Mark Hurst <mark@××××××.net> 9. Jan 04
2 > > Not really. And why should a network scan be dangerous? Security by
3 > > obscurity doesn't work. You can scan a well configured host all day
4 > > long, who cares?
5 > Why run a firewall at all if your hosts are so well configured?
6
7 Because I want to offer services inside my network, I don't want to
8 offer to the rest of the world. Think again about this question: you
9 are asking, why routers are necessary.
10
11 > If security by obscurity doesn't work, why not publish details of your
12 > internal network on the Internet,
13
14 I do this.
15
16 > or allow zone transfers from anywhere?
17
18 Because I don't want this.
19
20 Regards, Frank.