From: Florian Weimer <fw@××××××××××.de>
To: Devon <devon@×××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] TCP vulnerability
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:19:14
1 Devon <devon@×××××.org> writes:
2
3 > I think they focused on BGP because bringing down BGP connections
4 > would cause route damping and take networks offline and cause outages
5 > for a larger portion of people versus sending a RST for someone's
6 > large FTP download. :) Unless my understanding is wrong, this would
7 > affect *any* established TCP connection that is open for a period of
8 > time.
9
10 Yes, indeed. IRC is another likely victim.
11
12 > Does anyone have any information about the Linux kernel?
13
14 David S. Miller rejected an implementation of the TCP MD5 option a few
15 years ago, apparently on principle (not because the implementation
16 wasn't nice). A patch for 2.4.26 is floating around, but it has
17 copyright problems.
20 Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
21 following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, postino.it, tiscali.co.uk,
22 tiscali.cz, tiscali.it, voila.fr.
25 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list