From: Bill McCarty <bmccarty@××××××.net>
To: Chris PeBenito <pebenito@g.o>
Cc: gentoo security <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Learning to write SELinux policies
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:44:27
1 Hi Chris,
2
3 --On Saturday, January 17, 2004 6:36 PM -0600 Chris PeBenito
4 <pebenito@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > The TE rules only describes the ways to transition to the samhain_t
7 > domain, but the role also has to be allowed to exist in the samhain_t
8 > domain. Adding this will probably fix it:
9 >
10 > role sysadm_r types samhain_t;
11
12 > I'm not sure why this type of problem doesn't generate any messages.
13
14 Thanks, that IS the problem! I'll soon have a policy. Now, all we need is a
15 Gentoo ebuild for Smahain <g>. I'll see if I can whomp one up.
16
17 > BTW, this type of question goes better on the hardened ml.
18
19 Okey doke, will do. This wasn't super clear from the brief mailing list
20 descriptions.
21
22 Thanks all the more for having answered an off-topic question!
23
24 Cheers,
25
27 Bill McCarty