From: Ronny Roethof <ronny@×××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-security@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Changes to traceroute in newest release
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:33:10
1 Jesse wrote:
2 > Use cfengine as pointed out earlier, or write a script to do this...
3 > This is not really a big issue.
4 >
5 >> If enough of the community wants it back the way it was, I assume
6 >> Gentoo developers will respond as such.
7 >
8 > Seems like this is not the case here.
9
10 I myself admin several Gentoo based servers and although I want to have
11 security.
12 A tool such as mtr, traceroute, etc. should be systemwide available imho.
13 If I grant users the use to a shell, what use is it if they can't do shit
14 with it ?
15
16 Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
17
18 Ronny Roethof
19 --
20 Computers are like air-conditioners: both stop working, if you open windows.
21
22 Ronny Roethof <ronny@××××××××××××××.net> /* RR2003-RIPE */
23 07:25:00 up 10 days, 6:11, 0 users, load average: 0.34, 0.18, 0.11
24
25 (Remove nospam from the emailaddress)
30 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list