From: Ronny Roethof <ronny@×××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-security@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Changes to traceroute in newest release
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:33:10
Jesse wrote:
> Use cfengine as pointed out earlier, or write a script to do this... > This is not really a big issue. > >> If enough of the community wants it back the way it was, I assume >> Gentoo developers will respond as such. > > Seems like this is not the case here.
I myself admin several Gentoo based servers and although I want to have security. A tool such as mtr, traceroute, etc. should be systemwide available imho. If I grant users the use to a shell, what use is it if they can't do shit with it ? Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards, Ronny Roethof -- Computers are like air-conditioners: both stop working, if you open windows. Ronny Roethof <ronny@××××××××××××××.net> /* RR2003-RIPE */ 07:25:00 up 10 days, 6:11, 0 users, load average: 0.34, 0.18, 0.11 (Remove nospam from the emailaddress) -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] Changes to traceroute in newest release "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>