From: Ochal Christophe <ochal@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:33:24
Brian G. Peterson schreef:
> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 06:37, Ochal Christophe wrote: >> I've been looking for a way to use our internal gentoo box (file - & >> printserver) to also cache windowsupdates & mac updates.
> I'd start by looking at squid proxying. It would help your bandwidth > usage in general. > > http://www.squid-cache.org/ > > emerge squid squidguard squid-graph > > You could set special proxy rules for files from windowsupdate and mac > update sites.
That was what i was thinking of doing, but i've got zero experiance with squid sofar. Another thing i'd like to implement is a way to see what machines used how much bandwidth & wich user. (something akin of a watchguard i suppose) I'll have to read up on squid i guess -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list