From: Jonathan Rogers <jonner@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] tripwire policy generator
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:26:30
1 Daniel Brandt wrote:
2 > I would check out AIDE (also in portage) as a replacement for Tripwire. It is completely open source (not just for linux) and allows use of a lot of different cryptographic checksums.
3
4 I was using AIDE for a while, but I got fed up with its bugs. I doesn't
5 always behave as advertised in the documentation, always outputs some
6 annoying debugging messages, and segfaults when it doesn't like some
7 config options.
8
9 More recently, I've been using Integrit. It seems rock solid, very
10 small, and very simple. However, it's a little too simple, since it
11 can't even use globbing or regexps in the config file. Using a
12 preprocessor for the config file might be a good option and would keep
13 the most important component as simple as possible. Come to think of it,
14 that might work especially well with an automated system, since config
15 files would have to be generated anyway.
16
17 Jonathan Rogers
20 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list