From: Dan Noe <dpn@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Out of air (was: Let's blow the whistle)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 03:04:05
1 On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:49:54AM +0100, Peter Simons wrote:
2 > Dan,
3 >
4 > you forgot to reply to this paragraph of my message:
5 >
6 > > But I, at least, find it useful to know that spending a
7 > > couple of hours implementing an insanely simple procedure
8 > > that would prevent the insignificant number of, say, 10
9 > > people having their machines compromised -- machines with
10 > > all their personal data, e-mails, love letters, income tax
11 > > declarations, health records, etc. -- is not a priority.
12
13 I will reply, and I am sorry I forgot to reply before!
14
15 While I do not run business systems on it currently, I fully
16 trust my personal data with Gentoo. Furthermore, I am more
17 inclined to trust Gentoo dev's time and complexity estimates
18 than your own. I do hope this issue is resolved in a timely
19 manner, I don't feel your thread has contributed positively
20 towards an eventual resolution.
21
22 That is all.
26 | Dan Noe, freelance hacker