From: Diego Julian Remolina <dijuremo@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:35:45
This answer is *not* Gentoo based (sorry guys), but if this is to
install the machines from scratch, you could use DiegoStart. Simply put
the DiegoStart files in your gentoo machine with samba and then install
all your machines automatically in unattended mode including all updates
and any software that you want (if it can be installed in unattended
mode, or you have a Ghost license to use AI Builder and create silent
install packages). There are also things like nlite and Ryan VM update
packs that will allow you to apply updates to your Windows install
sources, but none of these will work on machines which are already

For machines already installed, you could manually download the updates
to a share and then write a batch script that basically applies all
updates in silent mode. Look here for the silent install switches.

If you get CYGWIN with ssh installed in all the windows machines then
you could actually ssh in and run the commands without having to walk to
the machines.

-- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list