From: Aaron Bauman <bauman.aaron@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Kernel Security Update Target Delay?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:05:23
1 On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 19:58 +0100, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Alex Legler <a3li@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > > As the maintainers are primarily responsible for providing unaffected
5 > > ebuilds, you'll need to ask the kernel team for exact reasons.
6 >
7 > In all of this we must bear in mind that the kernel team is one of the
8 > fastest to respond to upstream changes, at least with ~arch. New
9 > vanilla-sources are normally in the tree within hours of upstream
10 > releasing them and gentoo-sources are seldom far behind.
13 That is quite a bold statement to make considering
14 vanilla-sources-2.6.36_rc7 was never put in ~arch and rc8 has been out
15 from upstream for 3 days now. I imagine there is a reason for that
16 though?