From: BarrySchwartz124@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Gentoo dev sources
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:14:32
1 Calum <gentoo-security@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > But as a general feeling, do people feel that SELinux will become the
3 > hardening method of choice? I.e. If I have to make a choice and commit now,
4 > shall I stick with GRSec, or start looking at SE?
5
6 SELinux is only a mandatory access control system, so I wouldn't treat
7 that as a matter of "this or that." If you wanted SELinux, I'd think
8 you'd want grsec as well, using SELinux in place of grsec's RBAC
9 system. I wonder if anyone has experience using grsecurity and
10 SELinux together.
13 Barry.Schwartz@×××.org http://www.livejournal.com/users/chemoelectric/
16 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list