From: Anthony Metcalf <anthony.metcalf@×××××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Out of air
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:55:53
1 On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:03:07 +0000
2 Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > I think someone already tried it on this list, a few minutes IIRC.
5
6 real 10m39.694s
7 user 1m11.500s
8 sys 2m5.833s
9
10 That would make my emerge sync 1/3 longer, and create:
11
12 -rw-r--r-- 1 nevyn users 7.6M Nov 10 14:51 portage_md5_sums.txt
13
14 That is just to create the hashes, and that 7.6M file would have to be added to the portage tree.
15
16 *That* isn't even the point though. The point is the work that would have to be done by the devs on a range of systems, and the increased load that would be put on the servers.
17
18 You think it would be worth it to have the "band-aid" in a few weeks and the compleate fix in 6 months? I'd rather wait for the compleate fix in the knowledge that I am getting the best alternative sooner.
19
20 Let us agree to disagree, after the dev's have made there choice as is their perogative.