From: Juri Haberland <list-linux.gentoo.security@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] courier-imap
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:33:42
1 Devon <devon@×××××.org> wrote:
2 > Ben Cressey wrote:
3 >
4 > > It seems I missed the post to Bugtraq since it was issued as a Courier
5 > > vulnerability, and I didn't read carefully enough to discover that
6 > > Courier IMAP was also affected. Certainly this is my own fault, but I
7 > > am just astonished that without Francisco's post I might have
8 > > overlooked this serious problem altogether.
9 >
10 > I couldn't find the post to the Bugtraq mailing list. I searched my
11 > archives and the archives at MARC -- no hits for Bugtraq ID 9845. Any
12 > searches for "courier" also yielded no hits. I also didn't see anything
13 > posted to FD.
14
15 Same here. I also checked the courier-ML and found a corresponding post
16 by Sam Varshavchik where he announced the new version, but he did not
17 make clear that there is a vulnerability, he just stated in his
18 announcement:
19
20 > - East Asian character sets
21 >
22 > Several bugs in East Asian character set support have been fixed, and
23 > many new character set mappings have been added, including euc-jp,
24 > ksx-1001, ISO-2022-KR, ISO-2002-JP-1
25
26 Not a very good handling by all sides :(
27
28 Cheers,
29 Juri
32 Juri Haberland <juri@××××××××××.com>