From: DeadManMoving <sequel@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] [OT?] automatically firewalling off IPs
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:55:50
1 Have a look at the "recent" section of the iptables man page;
2 maybee you will find it usefull.
3
4 On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 10:10 +1300, Jeremy Brake wrote:
5 > Hey all,
6 >
7 > I'm looking for an app/script which can monitor for failed ssh logins,
8 > and block using IPTables for $time after $number of failed logins (an
9 > exclusion list would be handy as well) so that I can put a quick stop to
10 > these niggly brute-force ssh "attacks" I seem to be getting more and
11 > more often.
12 >
13 > Anyone have any ideas?
14 >