From: David Garcia Watkins <dgw@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Samba Testing Help
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:43:23
1 > Also, what are your reactions to making smbmount non-setuid (thus
2 > preventing normal users from mounting remote Samba filesystems)? Is there a
3 > better workaround/fix for this (other than patching the kernel)? I'd rather
4 > not tamper with existing functionality if I can help it.
5
6 I like arts' aproach to this problem, users dont have to remember to chmod
7 each time they upgrade.
8
9 In other words, to create a local USE flag called something like "smbsuid".
10
11 Regards,
12
13 David Garcia Watkins