From: Steven Sennebogen <ssenne1@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SELinux support Reiserfs?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:55:50
1 I got this from: http://www.livejournal.com/users/james_morris/3580.html
2 (scroll down to the reiiserfs part)
3
4 I don't recall removing anything from genfs_contexts
5 but add the line
6 fs_use_xattr reiserfs system_u:object_r:fs_t
7 to an appropriate place in fs_use let me relabel the file system
8
9 Chris Smart wrote:
10
11 > Ben Maynard wrote:
12 >
13 >> Hi Chris
14 >>
15 >> If I recall correctly reiserfs isn't support since it doesn't support
16 >> extended attributes or the namespace extensions that selinux requires.
17 >> It has been a few months since I dealt with SELinux though so there may
18 >> be patches available now.
19 >>
20 >> HTH
21 >>
22 >> Ben
23 >>
24 > Thanks Ben,
25 > The kernel shows reiserfs as having some extended attribute support,
26 > but I wasn't sure if it was everything that SELinux needed.
27 >
28 > <*> Reiserfs support
29 > [*] ReiserFS extended attributes
30 > [*] ReiserFS POSIX Access Control Lists
31 > [*] ReiserFS Security Labels
32 >
33 > CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY:
34 > Security labels support alternative access control models
35 > implemented by security modules like SELinux. This option
36 > enables an extended attribute handler for file security
37 > labels in the ReiserFS filesystem.
38 >
39 > I guess I'll stick have to research more or go ext3.
40 >
41 > Cheers,
42 > Chris
46 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list