From: "Brian G. Peterson" <brian@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:07:01
1 On Wednesday 04 October 2006 06:37, Ochal Christophe wrote:
2 > I've been looking for a way to use our internal gentoo box (file - &
3 > printserver) to also cache windowsupdates & mac updates.
4 > Since we have a computershop we need to update *ALOT* of machines, and
5 > there's no flatrate internet available in Belgium, meaning we tend to
6 > run into our download limits.
7 >
8 > Does anyone know if this is feasable? If so, how?
9
10 I'd start by looking at squid proxying. It would help your bandwidth
11 usage in general.
12
13 http://www.squid-cache.org/
14
15 emerge squid squidguard squid-graph
16
17 You could set special proxy rules for files from windowsupdate and mac
18 update sites.
19
20 Regards,
21