From: Ryan Voots <simcop2387@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] gmonstart / jvregisterclasses in tons of binaries with commands,malware?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:03:16
1 whereislibertyandjustice@×××××××××.net said:
2 > In linux binaries, in any linux distro, I've discovered the same strings
3 > which I believe may be due to a virus or trojan.
4 >
5 > Yet, clamav, rkhunter, chkrootkit do not detect abnormalities.
6 >
7 > Whether I run 'strings' on the binary files or view with vim or gedit, here
8 > is what is always seen inside the binaries:
11 > __gmon_start__
12 > _Jv_RegisterClasses
13
14 http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-06/msg00112.html
15
16 This at least appears to answer the _Jv_RegisterClasses issue, (i haven't found anything about gmon_start). Essentially what appears to be going on is gcc is doing it, its intended, and i would guess more than likely related to gcj in some way.