From: Marek Kierdelewicz <marek@××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:53:16
1 > > Hi,
2
3 Hi
6 > > I've been looking for a way to use our internal gentoo box (file - &
7 > > printserver) to also cache windowsupdates & mac updates.
8 > > Since we have a computershop we need to update *ALOT* of machines,
9 > > and there's no flatrate internet available in Belgium, meaning we
10 > > tend to run into our download limits.
11 > >
12 > > Does anyone know if this is feasable? If so, how?
13
14 You could setup a http (transparent?) proxy box caching requests to
15 windowsupdate. Squid should do the trick - it's pretty configurable.
16
17 cheers,
18 Marek Kierdelewicz
19 --