From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Days of yore
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:13:35
1 On Monday 16 April 2007 20:31, Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
2 > I agree that policy should be updated to reflect this but that got bogged
3 > down by other issues last I tried. I'll try again.
4 Ohh well, I must have dropped my memory somewhere I forgot:(
5
6 I actually updated the Gentoo Linux Vulnerability Treatment Policy¹ last
7 August to reflect that:
8
9 "Kernels
10 Currently kernels are not covered by the GLSA release process.
11 Vulnerabilities must still be reported and will be fixed, but no GLSA will be
12 issued when everything is solved.
13 Note: This policy should be changed when new tools are added to cover
14 security vulnerabilities affecting the different kernel sources."
15
16 ¹ http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/vulnerability-policy.xml
19 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
20 Gentoo Linux Security Team