From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] org-x11 GLSA 200509-07. Is bug #96053 fixed in -r3? (black icons)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:01:08
1 "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> skribis:
2 > 4. Everybodies requirements are different: unless devs get feedback on
3 > whats important to users, how would they know. I acknowledge that whats
4 > important to devs is not neccessarily going to gel for the users, but
5 > the fact that gentoo now does not have a usable desktop for a large part
6 > of its user community should be a concern for all.
7
8 You could likely use the upstream version rather than the Gentoo
9 percolated product. That's what I do with my kernel patches, partly
10 for similar reasons as what you are dealing with.
14 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
15 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org
16 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that
17 part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.