From: ascii <ascii@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SSH probes
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:26:45
1 Brian Micek wrote:
2 > Please lets forget about this thread because its going nowhere and once
3 > again, I apologize about all this spam.
4
5 yeah, i love BOFH : ) but the argue about cpu and bandwith waste is real
6
7 don't care who say you can't send random data on request, we are free to
8 reply what we want on a request (also some ascii p*rn is a good idea)
9
10 if you are using tcpd consider to do something like catting some random
11 data to a file and then stream the file (no disk i/o since linux has
12 caching, low cpu usage)
13
14 remember also you are sending some of your precious *true* random data
15 to the bad guy (i'm not able to exploit or predict the next random bit
16 but i heard somebody on the globe is able to.. so be paranoid :P )
17
18 also the client will break the tcp stream on X null chars or something
19 like that so use a file and close the connection at some poit is good
20 to prevent bandwith waste (don't let the client decide)
21
22 an other thing to consider is ip spoofing, but who cares : )
23
24 just my 901 bytes opinion..
25 --
26 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list