From: Marc Ballarin <Ballarin.Marc@×××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Do I need to rebuild things after upgrading ssl?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:22:28
1 On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:51:20 +0000
2 Anthony Metcalf <anthony.metcalf@×××××××××××.cx> wrote:
3
4 > So from my origional question, if I had 0.9.7? and upgraded to
5 > 0.9.7(?+1) do I need to rebuild. I'm not talking a 0.9.6 to 0.9.7
6 > upgrade here. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough.
7 >
8 There is no need to rebuild any dynamically linked packages. They
9 work as long as the library name (libssl.so.0.9.7) stays the same and the
10 library remains binary compatible (all 0.9.7 releases are compatible).
13 However packages that statically include openssl ("static" useflag)
14 contain the version used at build time. Those packages will continue
15 working, but remain vulnerable unless rebuilt.
18 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list