From: Andrej Kacian <ticho@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] org-x11 GLSA 200509-07. Is bug #96053 fixed in -r3? (black icons)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:34:07
1 On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:05:39 -0400
2 xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Then perhaps Gentoo isn't the distro for you.. I chose Gentoo because it
5 > is sort of LFS-like, but with a fraction of the time to setup. Maybe a
6 > binary-based distribution like RedHat or Debian would fit you better. ;)
7
8 The fraction-of-time-to-setup feature comes from the fact that portage
9 (package manager) does most of the work for you - and that was exactly my
10 point - emerging xorg-x11 is much less time-consuming than downloading,
11 patching and compiling it manually, which is not something everyone can afford
12 to invest time into.
13
14 Note that I politely ignore your binary-distro argument.
17 Andrej "Ticho" Kacian <ticho at gentoo dot org>
18 Gentoo Linux Developer - net-mail, antivirus, amd64