From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Key revoked
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:48:44
1 > --- Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> wrote:
2 > > On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 06:12:31PM -0700 or thereabouts, Oscar Picasso wrote:
3 > > > What am I supposed to do next?
4 > >
5 > > I'm not sure what happened here, but I'm following up with the other devs
6 > > to try and get more information.
7
8 OK, so it looks like this was a screw-up on our part. The person in charge
9 of releasing 2004.1 signed the ISOs with a sub-key of a personal key which
10 was set to expire shortly after 2004.1 was released. I'm going to remove
11 the .asc files from our mirrors now to try and avoid further user
12 confusion.
13
14 My apologies for the mistake -- we'll try and make sure we do some better
15 planning for 2004.2.
16
17 --kurt