From: Colin Tinker <g1gsw@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SSH login attempts and /var/log/wtmp
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:21:43
1 On Monday 02 Aug 2004 21:46, Bryan O'Shea wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Dan Margolis wrote:
3 > > --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
4 > > I should point out that this in no way confirms OpenSSH to be vulnerable.
5 > >
6 > > Do you run a webserver, perhaps with PHP or other risky server-side
7 > > scripts enabled? Do you run any other services that may be a security
8 > > risk (mail, database, etc)? Have you ever logged in remotely over an
9 > > insecure connection or from a public access computer?
10 >
11 > These are the network daemons it is running.
12 >
13 > from portage tree:
14 > openssh 3.8.1_p1-r1
15 > postfix 2.1.1
16 >
17 > source install:
18 > tpop3d 1.4.2
19 >
20 > I don't log into the server from any public network/computer.
23 > --
24 > gentoo-security@g.o mailing list
27 Have you run a rootkit scanner on this box? For example chkrootkit.
28
29 Regards
30
31 Colin