From: Stefan Cornelius <stefan.cornelius@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] "Linux patch problems: Your distro may vary"
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:16:01
If you see a GLSA somewhere else than from Gentoo first, then you are doing
something wrong :)

Whatever I say here, this probobly being interpreted like crying, so I will
keep it to a minimum: But I doubt that this study is anywhere close to
representative. (For example, we never issued a GLSA for libmms, because we
never had to according to our policy since it was unstable. So, did we get 0
points for this?). And please note that security cant do a shit about
missing maintainers and so on. In fact, security is only a relatively small
member of the whole security related chain, altough this may be surprising
at first.

All I can say is, that I hope that they will continue the "study", because
we will kick ass next time. We are already #2 of the community only distris
(= no commercial background).

Kind regards,