From: Christophe Choumert <christophe.choumert@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] How to make iptables log to a separate log file?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 03:33:06
On Sunday 27 November 2005 11:27, Abhay Kedia wrote:
> /var/log/messages is getting flooded by iptables log. I can't see any > helpful output by using dmesg. The kernel config says that ULOG is > deprecated so I don't know how good it would be to use it. Also the > kernel.log/kern.log is not getting updated with messages like > connection of a USB device and all; so can't leave dmesg altogether.
To get a clearer /var/log/messages, you can use the f_notfirewall filter proposed earlier in the thread, with something like : log { source(src); filter(f_notfirewall); destination(messages); }; in syslog-ng.conf. However dmesg will still be cluttered : I don't think you have any other sane solution than ULOG for this. Or maybe you should investigate why the usb messages are discarded ? Regards, Christophe -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list