From: Mansour Moufid <mansourmoufid@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Encryption Ciphers
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:20:27
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Florian Philipp
<> wrote:
> One last question for everyone who has read this rather long mail (thank > you, btw): What exactly is benbi in aes-lrw-benbi:sha256 and what should > I choose for XTS? The kernel description states plain but essiv and > benbi work as well. >
benbi is an IV generation algorithm. If you look at the dm-crypt sources [1], benbi stands for "big-endian 'narrow block'-count" (not sure where they got the `i' from...). There's also one called bewbi, which I thought was entertaining. Sincerely, Mansour Moufid [1] -- gentoo-security@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-security] Encryption Ciphers Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>