From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] gpg-agent not setting environment correctly.
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:47:18
1 On Friday 11 Nov 2005 7:52 am, Pedro Venda wrote:
2 > have you checked that gpg-agent is indeed running? do a ps -C gpg-agent?
3 >
4 > pjlv@archon ~ $ ps -C gpg-agent
5 > PID TTY TIME CMD
6 > 25227 ? 00:00:00 gpg-agent
7 > pjlv@archon ~ $
8 *Feeling really dumb at the moment*
9 Thanks to that part of your mail, something clicked :-)
10 I tried to start gpg-agent from command line instead of from the scripts. Even
11 though the daemon was starting it was not taking connections. A little more
12 googling and the error messages made me check the gpg-agent.conf once again.
13
14 I had blindly followed the instructions from kmail.kde.org thus putting path
15 to pinentry in gpg-agent.conf as /usr/local/bin/pinentry-qt instead
16 of /usr/bin/pinentry-qt. Changed it to correct path and it works now.
17
18 Probably the most stupid mistake since I did an accidental "rm -fR /"
19
20 Thanks for your help.
21
22 Abhay