From: BlinkEye <blinkeye@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: Gentoo TOTALLY secure now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:34:10
1 Sorry to add my 2 cents, but Kurt, i think you overread the comment that
2 Peter was referring to:
3
4 >why do you extract all files in the tar archive? >it doesn't make sense
5 at all,
6 > you can sign und hash the tar as it is, no security will be gained by
7 > extracting the whole archive thats crap like your script.
8 > only performance will be worse.
9
10 which was made by: Locke <riphack@×××.de>
11
12 i don't want to flame, that's why i'm just about to write a mail to
13 Locke privately. but you mustn't shut up because another shouted at you.
14 i don't see why Peter should accept insults. i thought this was a
15 SECURITY list!
16
17 regards
18 blinkeye