From: Calum <gentoo-security@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernels and GLSAs
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:15:56
1 Brian G. Peterson wrote:
2
3 > I subscribe to the GLSA RSS feed, and scan that feed manually against my
4 > installed software list. The glsa-check tool is basically useless (as of
5 > gentoolkit-0.2.1_pre7), as it shows all GLSAs rather than just GLSAs for
6 > tools that correspond to packages installed on the system it is run on.
7
8 I run glsa-check -l | grep '\[N\]' in a cron, and have the results
9 emailed to me at a central email address.
10
11 I thought this was a very good solution, until I found out that I'd been
12 missing kernel errata. :(
13
14 I think the new KISS system sounds brilliant - it's just the absence of
15 any notification about the loss of kernel GLSAs that is the problem.
16 --
17 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list