From: Calum <gentoo-security@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernels and GLSAs
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:15:56
Brian G. Peterson wrote:

> I subscribe to the GLSA RSS feed, and scan that feed manually against my > installed software list. The glsa-check tool is basically useless (as of > gentoolkit-0.2.1_pre7), as it shows all GLSAs rather than just GLSAs for > tools that correspond to packages installed on the system it is run on.
I run glsa-check -l | grep '\[N\]' in a cron, and have the results emailed to me at a central email address. I thought this was a very good solution, until I found out that I'd been missing kernel errata. :( I think the new KISS system sounds brilliant - it's just the absence of any notification about the loss of kernel GLSAs that is the problem. -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list