From: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Out of air (was: Let's blow the whistle)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:26:47
1 Jason Stubbs writes:
2
3 > To be honest, I think the whole thread has achieved
4 > nothing.
5
6 I beg to differ. It has achieved that everyone who's
7 interested can now see quite clearly how the priorities of
8 Gentoo Linux are. I am not really judging your priorities.
9 It's free software. You can do whatever you want.
10
11 But I, at least, find it useful to know that spending a
12 couple of hours implementing an insanely simple procedure
13 that would prevent the insignificant number of, say, 10
14 people having their machines compromised -- machines with
15 all their personal data, e-mails, love letters, income tax
16 declarations, health records, etc. -- is not a priority.
17
18 Peter
22 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list