From: Christian Kauhaus <kc@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] No GLSA since January?!?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:13:52

I'm wondering that may favorite Linux distro hasn't had any security
announcements since January. In my opinion this is really problematic. At our
company we try to convince prospective customers to host their applications on
our Gentoo servers. When asked about security incident handling, I have to
say: "They state 'Security is a primary focus' on their website, but they
don't inform their users." Not very convincing.

So what is the roadblock that hinders GLSA creation? Is there any way to get
the GLSAs into working order again?

Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus <>< · kc@××××××.com · systems administration
gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstraße 29 · 06112 halle (saale) · germany · tel +49 345 1229889 11 · fax +49 345 1229889 1