From: Travis Mehrer <djtriv@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] System knockout :-(
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:25:36
1 On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:42:25 +0300
2 "Dan Podeanu" <pdan@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Buy harddrives from those that do harddrives for a living (maxtor, seagata,
5 > western digital), switches from cisco, nortel, etc., mobiles from siemens,
6 > nokia, etc.
7
8 I have to say, unfortunately this seams to be a trend in larger drives these days. Especially in larger Western Digital drives. I just sent away my 200GB Western Digital drive for the second time in 3 months (arrived defective, was replaced, then died again). I also know of a company that was replacing 2 x 250GB hdds by Western Digital around the same time mine died. These drives were only 8 months old.
9
10 I hope this hasn't been a problem for everyone, but it has been my experience with them.
11
12 Cheers,
13 Travis
16 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list