From: Tarragon Allen <lists@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] PAM takes a long time.
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:46:14
1 On Thursday 08 April 2004 23:42, Volkov Peter Alexandrovich wrote:
2 > The first sing was during ssh login. It takes long time to connect on a
3 > absolutly free server! Then during system startup after starting last
4 > service everything hangs on >20 seconds and only after this I can see login
5 > invitation.
6
7 I'm probably barking up the wrong tree here, but do you have any problems with
8 DNS on this machine? Whenever I see long pauses on logins and such the first
9 thing I check is that the system can resolve names properly...
10
11 t
12 --
13 GPG : http://n12turbo.com/tarragon/public.key