From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] GLSAs: Put the name of the affected packg in front of the title?!
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 23:43:32
1 On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 07:26:13PM -0400 or thereabouts, Urgo wrote:
2 > I agree, this would be a great idea. I think it'd be useful if it
3 > included the dev-db part of the name too.. just like the body shows the
4 > package.
5 >
6 > [gentoo-announce] [ GLSA 200405-20 dev-db/mysql ] Insecure Temporary
7 > File Creation In MySQL
8 >
9 > Maybe even the version number in there somewhere too.
10
11 I can see benefit in adding at least the package name at the beginning, but
12 I think trying to include the category name and version number is a bit too
13 over-the-top. At the end of the day, it's really not that big of a deal to
14 hit the enter key to read the rest of the email.
15
16 --kurt