From: Christian Hoenig <me@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] GLSAs: Put the name of the affected packg in front of the title?!
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 22:43:43
1 [resent from gentoo-dev]
2
3 Hi,
4
5 This is kind of an RFC...
6 As I currently (and most likely in the future, too) read gentoo-announce and
7 the GLSA titles have become very long lately, I'd suggest to put the affected
8 package name in front of the GLSA-title. With the current scheme, the names
9 of the affected packages are most of the time outside of my mail clients
10 header view so that I have to open each mail and look which pkg is the
11 affected one.
12
13 Like
14 [ GLSA 200405-20 ] Insecure Temporary File Creation In MySQL
15 =>
16 [ GLSA 200405-20 ] MySQL: Insecure Temporary File Creation
17
18 This would allow to easily scan the announces for packages one uses.
19
20 Give me your oppinions on this :-)
21
22 take care, have fun